Rochester is the educational, economic, and cultural heart of a 9-county region of 1.2 million people lying on the south shore of the Lake Ontario and including the beautiful Finger Lakes and its fruit and wine country. It is within a day’s drive or flight of the commercial centers of the eastern United States and Canada. The nineteen colleges and universities of our region; manufacturing and commercial services industries; first class cultural institutions; and four-season climate support a rich environment of educational, economic, cultural, and recreational and tourism opportunities.
Explore Rochester’s resources below to find rewarding opportunities for you, your family, or your business.
Recreation and Tourism
- Visit Rochester
- Selected institutions
- IBC link to colleges and universities
Manufacturing and Commerce
- Greater Rochester Enterprise
- International Business Council
- US Department of Commerce
- NYS Economic Development agency
- City of Rochester Neighborhood and Economic Development
- Major teams